Project: AUP/ANP Training Facility
Location: Camp Shorabak & Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
Client: US Army
Value: US $ 4.95 million
Duration: 8 months
CADG was involved in Phase 1 of a construction project to build a 1000-man AUP/ANP Training Facility for the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade (US Army).
The project scope included:
• Grading, leveling and compacting 250,0000m2 of virgin desert.
• The construction of a 6m x 7.2m x 2.64m Ammunition Supply Point (ASP).
• The supply, fabrication and installation of chain link fencing measuring 1.250 linear meters.
• The supply and installation of HESCO Texas Walls, drop arm barriers and tow reinforced concrete huts with electrical supply.
• The design and construction of a Driver Training Area, which included a roundabout and crossroad with associated drainage.
• The supply and installation of 6 LSS and 1 laundry unit.
• The design and construction of a 122m x 107m reinforced concrete pad.
• The design and supply of electricity for the entire facility.
We also drilled a 200m borehole, installed water distribution and sewerage system for the entire camp. Due to excellent communication with our client and rapid response efforts in overcoming security issues, the project was successfully completed within the stipulated time frame and budget.