Project: Enabling Works for the Construction of 1,100-man camp
Location: Camp Bastion, Afghanistan
Client: Kellogg, Brown & Root Limited
Value: US $ 3.2 million
Duration: 8 months
Kellogg, Brown & Root Limited (KBR) appointed CADG to the task of constructing (including Enabling, Ground and Civil works) a 1,100-man Camp at Britannia Lines, Camp Bastion. We successfully undertook all design works in compliance with the UK Building Regulations. Our responsibilities on this project also included the sourcing, procurement and provision of logistics. The project was divided into 2 phases.
The 1st phase included:
• The installation of 1,600m of HESCO Blast Wall Type 1.
• The supply and installation of water main with water meter.
• Earthing of 1 generator farm (hosting 8 generators) and the potable water distribution equipment.
• Excavation work for 3 wastewater-pumping stations.
• The supply and installation of 210m (approx.) of 100m drainage tying in with the existing sewerage network.
• The installation of 6 160mm diameter UPVC Ducting.
• The construction of 2 8M x 20M and 1 20M mesh-reinforced concrete pads.
• The provision of 10m3 fine sand for sandbags.
• The provision and leveling of 12m3 fine sand blinding.
• The provision and supply of crane and vehicle to facilitate the movement and positioning of 39 20ft containerized assets.
2nd phase work involved:
• The installation of 1,400m HESCO blast wall.
• The removal and disposal of 140M HESCO blast wall.
• Earthing of 1 generator farm (hosting 6 generators) and the potable water distribution system.
• The provision and supply of crane and vehicle to facilitate the movement and positioning of 24 20ft containerized assets.
Personnel safety was one of the key practices observed and adhered to successfully throughout on this project. Throughout its duration, no incidents were reported.