Project: Construction of TF444 ANCOP BN, Camp Kowanga
Location: Helmand, Afghanistan
Client: Lakeshore Engineering Services
Value: US $ 8.52 million
Duration: 14 months
The main scope of this project was to construct a 1000-man Afghan Special Forces Camp. One of the key challenges CADG faced was the site’s remote location, which was successfully overcome with our experience and capability.
We also undertook:
• The construction of a Perimeter Berm with an anti-vehicle ditch, razor concertina wires and 4 2-story concrete Sangars for Force Protection.
• The construction of a 6m x 7.2m x 2.64m Ammunition Supply Point (ASP).
• The construction of 16 K-span buildings including Barracks and Ablution blocks.
• The construction of 7 Framemaster structures that included a Well House, Pump House, Fuel Storage, Sun Shade and Assembly Area sunshade.
• The construction of Communication pits and conduit for the Communication System.
• The supply and provision of Water and Electrical distribution systems, Fuel distribution and storage system, Sewage and Sanitation, a 155,000 liter Water Storage Tank, Chlorine Dosing system, a Road Network and associated drainage and the drilling of a 250m borehole.
• The construction of a 250-man Life Support Area (LSA) housing LES, AFCEE, security personnel and CADG staff.
The project was located in Juno Khar approximately 18km from Camp Bastion. As such CADG had to be self-reliant which included provisioning our own security.